Good News From WOOF Patrol
· Dogs are allowed on the beachwalk between 14th and 21st streets only.
· All dogs must remain leashed.
· Dog walkers/owners are required to clean up after them at all times.
· Pets are not allowed on the Beach or Dune system at any time.
· *All dogs must have a valid Miami-Dade county tag at all times.
· Pet owners not in compliance with any of the above provision or with an aggressive pet will be required to leave the beachwalk. Dogs must have up-to-date rabies shot and be licensed.
"The Chairman and Members of the Neighborhoods and Community Affairs Committee voted unanimously in favor of his recommendation," Yvonne reports. "On October 11, at the City Commissioners meeting, they are likely to vote in favor of permanent status for the pet-friendly beach walk."
Pomo, a 4-year-old Shih Tzu, reminds everyone to: “Pick Up and Leash Up; Keep our Beaches and Cities BOW-WOW Clean and Safe.”