Subscriber Services Weather

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Canine Cuisine



I don't even cook for myself - which is a good thing, since I'm about as adept in the kitchen as I'd be in an ice hockey rink - so the likelihood of me cooking for my critters is absolute zero. But I imagine that other folks might find this new people/pet cookbook quite useful (beef teriyappi or Pekingese duck, anyone)? I found it interesting and amusing reading material, thanks to the pictures, anecdotes, factoids (who knew that dogs shouldn't have avocados and onions?), and pull-out quotes from such wits as my former Herald colleage Dave Barry (you can link to his blog from mine) on page 64: "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you that look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'"

The authors of The Dog Ate It (Gotham Books, $15) are food writers Linda West Eckhardt and cattle rancher Barbara Bradley, with editor Judy Kern. Visit the Penguin Group website for more info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home