Subscriber Services Weather

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ernesto Fizzles; This is a GOOD THING

This happened, of course, because I wasted five hours of my life putting up shutters. And the rule at my house is that once they're up - with the exception of the French doors - they stay up until hurricane season ends. This means I live like a mushroom for the next two months, but so be it. I can't bear wrestling with those aluminum panels more than once a year.

No one, apparently, used the pet-friendly shelter at Highland Oaks Middle School in Northeast Miami-Dade. The Herald reported that it was empty at 5 p.m. Tuesday. But it's good to know it's available just in case.

Glad we all got through it with relatively little hassle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous dogncatmom said...

Like you, mine will be up until the season is over! But now I'm dealing with cats who are spazin' because their favorite windows aren't available for lizard and bird viewings!!!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home