Friday, August 11, 2006
About this blog
Ellie Brecher is a general assignment reporter for The Miami Herald. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pet lady: That's my role in the Miami Herald newsroom. I've been here since 1989, during which time I've had eight dogs, a ring-necked parakeet, a chicken, and a lizard named Lance. At the moment, I've got four dogs, two step-dogs, and two cockatiels. A native New Yorker, I came here from Louisville, Ky. I'm a graduate of the University of Arizona, and had a Nieman Fellowship at Harvard in 1988. I have written 233 stories containing the word 'dog' in the past 17 years.
- Do Those Things Pick Up Animal Planet?
- Canine Concierge
- Barbaro's Better
- Interesting Cancer Study
- Giant Schnauzer Needs a Giant Favor
- Yappy Hour!
- Another Pit Bull Dies
- Attmept to Save Chinese Dogs: A $100,000 Offer
- The Huskies Seeking a Ride Got One; Pix From the T...
- Dogs and Technology: Interesting Development