Subscriber Services Weather

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pet Pix


The rest of the week, I'll be catching up on the pet photos you've been sending. Here's Ernie, a Hungarian Vizsla. Now, doesn't he just look THRILLED to be wearing antlers? Such enthusiasm.

In his first incarnation, he was Rocky, according to his mom, Shar, who rescued him from the Greater Miami Humane Society.

"Ernie LOVES the water and thinks he's one of the ducks," she wrote. "He's swum across the lake 4 times...and I live on a BIG lake...not connected to any other water and totally surrounded by homes, so I don't worry about gators."

If I were a gator and saw THAT coming toward me, I think I'd make other dinner plans...

Now here's Barlie, a 10-year-old Cairn terrier, enjoying the beach."She is the love of our household," writes Janice Smith. "She has two kids, my 14-year-old daughter and 12-year-old son, whom she has raised."

Hmm. Could be a tv show: Nanny K9-11.