Thursday, July 06, 2006
About this blog
Ellie Brecher is a general assignment reporter for The Miami Herald. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pet lady: That's my role in the Miami Herald newsroom. I've been here since 1989, during which time I've had eight dogs, a ring-necked parakeet, a chicken, and a lizard named Lance. At the moment, I've got four dogs, two step-dogs, and two cockatiels. A native New Yorker, I came here from Louisville, Ky. I'm a graduate of the University of Arizona, and had a Nieman Fellowship at Harvard in 1988. I have written 233 stories containing the word 'dog' in the past 17 years.
- This Should Be Common Sense, But...
- Must Love Dogs (and other critters)
- Safeguard Your Pet Over the 4th
- Birds Find Sanctuary
- Letter Writer Agrees on Cat Gun Death
- Touching Essay on a Pet's Impending Demise
- FVMA Hall of Fame
- Dog Wash at the Bark Park (please check date; I go...
- More of Your Pet Pix
- It's Easier to Love Some Critters Than Others